Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Pasta in a tomato base with Italian Seasonings and Ground beef. A simple easy weeknight meal. Sometimes I toss in some sliced mushrooms too. As alway's, you can adjust any of the ingredients to taste.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 12 ounces pasta, any kind (I like Rotini or Bowtie)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) candiced Italian tomatoes (undrained)
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder (or omit and use 2 Cloves of minced)
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded five-cheese Italian cheese blend (or cheese of your choice)
- Preheat oven to 350'.
- In a medium skillet, add beef and onion and cook until beef is no longer pink and onion is translucent.
- Drain off fat and set aside.
- While beef is browning, in a large pot, cook pasta according to package directions. (I usually cook it a minute less than directed because it will cook while in the oven as well).
- When pasta is cooked drain and add rest of the ingredients to the pot, reserving 1/4 of the shredded cheese (about 1/2 cup) and blend well.
- Transfer above mixture to a large buttered baking dish and spread evenly.
- Top with remaining 1/4 of cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350' for 20-30 minutes. Uncover the last 5-10 minutes and bake until hot and bubbly and cheese on top is melted.
Wow, we really enjoyed this delicious recipe. It was quick and easy to put together with ingredients always found in the pantry. So much flavor. My dh was in heaven, I know that we will be enjoying this again and again. Made as written and wouldn't change a thing. Made for What's on the Menu? Tag Game.
This was good and easy. I did not use the tomato soup and it came out fine; I didn't add anything else to compensate either. All my kids liked it and we did, too.
Wife and I had this for dinner tonight and it was wonderful. Added some garlic, green pepper and 'shrooms that I had on hand. We will be eating it for weeks to come, as this recipe makes enough for a small army.