Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 lb skinless salmon fillet, cut in 6 pieces
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot chili paste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh gingerroot, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 2 leeks or 2 onions, trimmed and cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 sweet red pepper, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 bunch bok choy, chopped
- 1 bunch spinach, chopped
- 1 bunch swiss chard, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- to taste salt
- 1 lb penne pasta (or other tube pasta)
- 6 green onions, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro or 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- Pat salmon dry.
- In small bowl, combine 1 Tbsp. honey, 1 tsp. sesame oil and chili paste. Rub into salmon.
- For sauce, heat olive oil in large, deep non-stick skillet or wok.
- Add garlic, ginger and hot pepper flakes.
- Cook gently until fragrant, but do not brown.
- Add leeks and carrot. Cook, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes.
- If mixture looks dry, add 1/4 cup water.
- Add peppers and bok choy.
- Cook 5 minutes, or until just wilted.
- Add vinegar, 1 Tbsp. sesame oil, 1 Tbsp. honey, pepper and salt. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Preheat broiler, barbecue or non-stick skillet.
- Cook salmon for 3 to 5 minutes per side, or until just cooked through.
- Meanwhile, bring large pot of water to boil.
- Add pasta and cook until tender but firm.
- Drain well.
- Add green onions to sauce and heat if necessary.
- Toss drained pasta with sauce. Add cilantro.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
- Serve pasta and top each serving with salmon.
Fantastic! We used a bag of frozen stir fry vegetables (no sauce) but otherwise followed the recipe. It was very flavorful and delicious!
This was very good, especially the pasta. The salmon marinade was a little too sweet, I think I will mix a bit of rice vinegar in with it next time. I used a different combination of veggies but followed the rest of the recipe closely, though I added a bit extra in the pepper flakes area. I'll make this again.