Recipe by threeovens
This recipe uses penne pasta, but any will do, even spaghetti. The greens can be spinach, mustards, kale, broccoli rabe, or a mixture. Remove any thick stems. Spinach can be left whole; other greens should be cut into 1-inch strips. Adapted from "Bon Appetit" magazine.
- 59.14 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- 4.92 ml lemon peel, grated
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 453.59 g greens, see recipe description (about 10 cups)
- 340.19 g penne pasta (or any other of your choice)
- 73.94 ml extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 118.29 ml kalamata olive, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 118.29 ml feta cheese, crumbled
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine parsley, lemon peel, and garlic; set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil; add greens and cook just until tender, about 1 to 6 minutes depending on type of green.
- Use a skimmer or slotted spoon to transfer greens to a colander to drain.
- Return water to a boil and add pasta and cook until al dente, stirring occasionally; drain reserving 3/4 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Return pasta to the large pot, add greens, 3 tablespoons oil and toss to coat; stir in olives, feta, and enough reserved cooking liquid to moisten.
- Season with salt and pepper; transfer to a serving bowl.
- Drizzle with remaining olive oil and sprinkle with parsley mixture.