Prep 35 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a fantastic recipe from Mollie Katzen's "Still Life with Menu Cookbook." This is probably my personal favorite recipe in the book - easy, quick, low in fat and good for you! Freshly ground parmesan and black pepper may be added at the end of preparation Greens portion of the recipe can be made 1 or two days head.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups onions, chopped
- 7 -8 cups mixed greens, washed, dried and coarsely chopped (Use any combination, spinach, collard, kale, dandelion, escarole, mustard and chard)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 3⁄4-1 lb penne or 3⁄4-1 lb shell pasta
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 lb feta cheese, crumbled
- Heat olive oil in Dutch oven. Add onions and cook for about 10 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add chopped greens and salt. Cook 10 minutes until greens begin to wilt.
- Cover and cook for 10 to 15 minutes over medium-low heat.
- Cook pasta until al dente. Just as it becomes ready, add the feta to the greens, keeping heat on low.
- Scoop pasta out of water, and add directly to the greens.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Cook completed dish just slightly over low heat for a few minutes. Add parmesan and pepper, if desired.
Yum, yum, yum. This is a simple yet tasty dish. I just love chard and kale, so this recipe is going to be a keeper. Made the greens the night before and also added two cloves of garlic. Made a great work night quick meal. Thanks for posting this, will make again for sure. Leftovers were great even cold.