Recipe by Pat McCardle
My Sister doesn't like bitter greens & I had Romaine lettuce, which I make as a side dish sometimes. So I came up with this simple dish. Husband says it's a keeper. Hope my Sis thinks so too.
- olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup sliced scallions or 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 bunch romaine lettuce, chopped (not just the hearts)
- 7 -8 ounces cooked gemelli pasta or 7 -8 ounces rotini pasta or 7 -8 ounces med. pasta shells or 7 -8 ounces cut fusilli
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil over medium heat in a 10 inch skillet.
- Add scallions& sprinkle a little salt on them.
- When they are soft, add garlic and cook until it is soft.
- Add tomatoes, a little more salt, pepper, and oregano.
- Cook for about 15 minutes over med.
- Add the Romaine.
- Cover& saute,stirring occasionally.
- Taste for seasonings, adding more if needed.
- Cook the pasta, drain& add it to the greens.
- Add a little more Olive Oil& serve with grated cheese, if you like.