1/2 Photos of Pasta With Green Vegetables and Herbs
Adapted from a recipe in Gourmet magazine, this is great with fresh peas and herbs from the garden.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb thin asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup fresh peas
- 1 lb linguine or 1 lb spaghetti
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup packed fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 1/2 ounces feta, crumbled (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1Cook asparagus in a 6- to 8-quart pot of boiling well-salted water until just tender, 4 to 6 minutes. Transfer with a slotted spoon to a large heatproof bowl.
- 2Add peas to boiling water and cook 2 minutes. Transfer peas with slotted spoon to bowl with asparagus.
- 3Add pasta to boiling water and cook according to package directions, until al dente.
- 4While linguine cooks, add 1 tbsp olive oil to sauté pan. add garlic and onion, cook until softened. add zucchini and sauté until al dente. sprinkle with thyme, add to asparagus mix.
- 5In a food processor pulse basil, mint, oil, salt, pepper, and 1/2 cup feta in a food processor until chopped, then add to vegetables.
- 6Reserve 1/2 cup pasta-cooking water, then drain pasta in a colander.
- 7Stir reserved cooking water into vegetables, then add pasta, parsley, scallions, and remaining 1/2 cup feta and toss.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta With Green Vegetables and Herbs
Serving Size: 1 (503 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 882.0
- Calories from Fat 361
- Total Fat 40.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 30.0 mg
- Sodium 857.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 106.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.2 g
- Sugars 10.2 g
- Protein 27.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: