Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a wonderful pasta dish with a creamy rich sauce. You can add additional veggies (broccoli, mushrooms, snow peas) if you wish , but it's great on it's own. It can be a side dish, or a vegetarian meal, with a salad and good crusty bread.
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, whole
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2⁄3 cup water, boiling
- cooked pasta, of your choice
- In a heavy saucepan, melt butter. Add garlic, basil and parsley and cook one minute.
- Blend in cream cheese, parmesan cheese, olive oil and pepper.
- Stir in boiling water.
- Blend well and simmer carefully for approximately 5 minutes. The sauce tends to separate, so keep stirring.
- Serve over your favorite pasta, I prefer vermecelli or fettucini.