Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is easy and has a very smooth taste. My husband and I made it up one night when we were out of ground beef and eat it once a week.
- 1 (16 ounce) package penne pasta
- 6 -8 green olives
- 6 slices bacon
- 6 -8 large mushrooms
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichokes
- 1 (26 ounce) can spaghetti sauce (tomato-based)
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon basil
- In a fry pan cook cut up bacon till crisp.
- Add the olives, mushroom, artichokes and spices and cook in bacon fat till mushrooms are done.
- Add white wine and simmer for 5 minutes or until reduced.
- Add spaghetti sauce and cook till heated through.
- Serve over penne with Italian bread and garlic butter.
What a change.....I like that recipe very much