Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I'm a quick and easy recipe girl and this one was a winner for me. Serve with a salad and crusty bread for an easy weekday meal. Oh, and if you're lactose intolerant, take a lactaid pill before enjoying this dish. I know this from experience.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 lb gorgonzola
- 6 ounces arugula
- 1 lb pasta (ziti or farfalle are good choices for this recipe)
- fresh ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook until the pasta is tender but not mushy.
- While the water is heating, melt the butter in a small saucepan over low heat; add the gorgonzola and cook, stirring frequently, until the cheese melts. Keep this warm while the pasta is cooking.
- Tear the arugula into pieces, but not too small.
- Remove and reserve a little of the pasta cooking water, then drain the pasta and toss it with the arugula and the cheese mixture, adding a bit of the water if the mixture seems dry.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning, adding lots of black pepper (that's the way we like it) and then serve.