Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Pasta coated in a delicious garlic-cream sauce.
Make and share this Pasta With Garlic Cream Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (16 ounce) package penne pasta
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh basil, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh oregano, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender, being careful not to burn garlic.
- Stir in broth, basil, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil; cook for 8 minutes or until reduced by about half.
- Stir in cream.
- Cook, uncovered, 8-10 minutes longer or until sauce is reduced to 1 1/4 cups.
- Drain pasta; toss with sauce.
This was delicious. I used a Vidalia onion, because that's what I had in the house. I was a bit skeptical about 4 large cloves of garlic, but this came out with a lovely, delicate flavor. After the onions and garlic were cooked and I added the broth I "buzzed" it with my immersion blender to make a smoother sauce, and then cooked it down before adding the cream. I'll definitely be making this again.
This was soooooo good, I actually licked my plate. I reduced it down to two servings as I'm not a fan of leftover cream sauces, and I wish I had doubled the sauce as it was such a small amount that it cooked down too much. But YUM! Thank you for this!