Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great and easy recipe from Donna Hay's 'Flavors'.
- 400 g spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 2 red chilies, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 200 g baby english spinach leaves
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- sea salt
- extra cracked black pepper
- Place the spaghetti in a large saucepan of boiling salted water and cook for 10-12 minutes or until al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, place the oil in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the garlic, chilli, oregano and pepper and cook for 3 minutes or until the garlic is soft.
- Drain the pasta and place in a serving bowl. Pour over the garlic and oil mixture and add the spinach leaves, parmesan, salt and extra black pepper. Toss well.
This was really good! It was very easy to prepare and turned out pretty impressive! I think I overcooked the garlic slightly, (I suggest watching it closely), but the end result was still good. The only thing I may do different next time is to pre-wilt the spinach. Thanks