Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Easy and so good, if you love garlic then you love this pasta dish! adjust the garlic to taste, I use 4 tablespoons for this recipe, you might want to reduce that a bit. Increase the dried red pepper flakes for more heat!
- 453.59 g spaghetti, pasta (uncooked)
- 14.78 ml salt
- 118.29 ml reserved pasta water
- 103.53 ml extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 59.16 ml fresh minced garlic, divided
- 4.92 ml dried red pepper flakes
- 59.14 ml chopped parsley
- 9.85 ml fresh lemon juice
- 118.29 ml grated parmesan cheese
- salt and black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring about 5 quarts of water to a boil with 3 teaspoons salt; add in the spaghetti and cook only until firm-tender; drain but RESERVE 1/2 cup pasta water.
- Start this when you are boiling the pasta; Heat about 4 tablespoons olive oil over medium-low heat in a skillet.
- Add in 3 tablespoons garlic and about 1/2 teaspoon salt with black pepper to taste; saute stirring often until the garlic is light brown (about 6-8 minutes) remove from heat and stir in the remaining 1 tablespoon minced garlic, crushed red pepper flakes, parsley, lemon juice and about 2 tablespoons of pasta cooking water; mix to combine.
- Transfer the drained pasta to a large serving bowl; toss with remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil and the remaining reserved cooking water.
- Add in the garlic mixture; toss well to combine.
- Season with more black pepper and salt to taste if desired.
- Serve immediately with grated Parmesan cheese.