1/13 Photos of Pasta With Garlic and Oil (Aglio E Olio)
Easy and so good, if you love garlic then you love this pasta dish! adjust the garlic to taste, I use 4 tablespoons for this recipe, you might want to reduce that a bit. Increase the dried red pepper flakes for more heat!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb spaghetti, pasta (uncooked)
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup reserved pasta water
- 7 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 tablespoons fresh minced garlic, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and black pepper
- 1Bring about 5 quarts of water to a boil with 3 teaspoons salt; add in the spaghetti and cook only until firm-tender; drain but RESERVE 1/2 cup pasta water.
- 2Start this when you are boiling the pasta; Heat about 4 tablespoons olive oil over medium-low heat in a skillet.
- 3Add in 3 tablespoons garlic and about 1/2 teaspoon salt with black pepper to taste; saute stirring often until the garlic is light brown (about 6-8 minutes) remove from heat and stir in the remaining 1 tablespoon minced garlic, crushed red pepper flakes, parsley, lemon juice and about 2 tablespoons of pasta cooking water; mix to combine.
- 4Transfer the drained pasta to a large serving bowl; toss with remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil and the remaining reserved cooking water.
- 5Add in the garlic mixture; toss well to combine.
- 6Season with more black pepper and salt to taste if desired.
- 7Serve immediately with grated Parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta With Garlic and Oil (Aglio E Olio)
Serving Size: 1 (200 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 700.1
- Calories from Fat 261
- Total Fat 29.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 11.0 mg
- Sodium 1947.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 88.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 20.3 g