1/1 Photo of Pasta With Fresh Tomato Sauce
Starting with fresh tomatoes keeps the sodium levels low in this recipe. Recipe is from Family Circle.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated, plus more for serving
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- 2While pasta is cooking, heat 2 T of the olive oil in a medium-size saucepan over medium heat.
- 3Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes or until fragrant.
- 4Add tomatoes, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and tomato paste to pan and turn heat to medium-high.
- 5Cook for about 10 minutes or until tomatoes have begun to lose their shape.
- 6Stir in remaining tablespoon olive oil and basil.
- 7Place pasta in large bowl and stir in sauce and Parmesan cheese.
- 8Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta With Fresh Tomato Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (136 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 268.0
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 1.1 mg
- Sodium 252.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 5.4 g