Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
This pasta sauce uses fresh tomatoes keeping the sodium levels low. From Family Circle.
Make and share this Pasta With Fresh Tomato Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb penne
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 7 medium ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 2-1/2 pounds)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a medium-size saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add tomatoes, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and tomato paste to pan and turn heat to medium-high. Cook for about 10 minutes or until tomatoes have begun to lose their shape. Stir in remaining tablespoon olive oil and basil.
- Place pasta in large bowl and stir in sauce and Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
This is a very nice and light pasta dish! The balsamic vinegar provides a tangy flavor which is nice complement to the basil and parmesan. Quick to make and healthy, we enjoyed this dish - thanks for posting the recipe!