1/1 Photo of Pasta With Fresh Tomato Sauce
This pasta sauce uses fresh tomatoes keeping the sodium levels low. From Family Circle.
My Private Note
pasta d ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb penne
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 7 medium ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 2-1/2 pounds)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- 2While pasta is cooking, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a medium-size saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes or until fragrant.
- 3Add tomatoes, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and tomato paste to pan and turn heat to medium-high. Cook for about 10 minutes or until tomatoes have begun to lose their shape. Stir in remaining tablespoon olive oil and basil.
- 4Place pasta in large bowl and stir in sauce and Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta With Fresh Tomato Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (176 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 274.4
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 1.1 mg
- Sodium 254.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 5.7 g