Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
You can really taste it when your sauce is fresh - this is absolutely delicious all year round, and dead easy to make.
- 4 plump tomatoes, halved and cored
- 1 (14 ounce) can canned tomatoes (size of the tin really doesn't matter)
- 1 small onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon herbes de provence (or whatever you've got)
- salt and pepper
- 3 cups pasta
- Chop the onion finely and crush the garlic. Fry them until browned and soft.
- Add the tomatoes, and fry until soft - test wrinkling the skin with a spatula to see if they're ready yet.
- Add the tin of tomatoes, and gently crush them with a spatula.
- Add herbs, salt and pepper, and cook on a medium heat.
- Boil the pasta in a saucepan until on cooking point, and then drain.
- Remove sauce from the heat and serve with parmesan - Enjoy!