Recipe by s'kat
A fresh tasting pasta plate that translates well into numerous dinner dishes.
Top Review by MizzNezz
Excellent pasta! I grow and freeze many herbs, and this was the perfect recipe for them. It had a wonderful fresh taste, and was very easy to make. I added a little more red pepper flakes and I used fettuccine, as that is our favorite. We really loved it!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (, to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup loosely packed, chopped fresh basil leaf
- 1⁄3 cup loosely packed, chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1⁄2 cup loosely packed, chopped Italian parsley
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh thyme
- 1 lb linguine (though I normally use thin spaghetti)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a nonstick skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium heat.
- Add bread crumbs and toast until golden, stirring frequently to prevent burning.
- Remove from heat and transfer to bowl.
- In same skillet, using remaining oil over low heat, add onion and saute, stirring frequently, until soft but not yet brown, about 2 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook until soft, about 30 seconds.
- Stir in chicken broth and simmer until heated.
- Season with salt and red pepper flakes.
- Transfer mix to pasta bowl, add fresh herbs, and stir to combine.
- Cook pasta in 6 quarts boiling water with 2 teaspoons coarse salt until al dente.
- Drain pasta, transfer to pasta bowl, and toss with herb mixture.
- Sprinkle with toasted bread crumbs on top and serve.