Prep 1 hr
Cook 3 hrs
I know it sounds strange but, this combination is just right. It's low in calories and can be served as a dessert or lunch. When I plate this I separate the fruits around the pasta on the platter in triangular shapes.
- 2 cups mixed berries (raspberries, blackberries, blueberries or strawberries)
- 1 1⁄2 cups melon balls (cantaloupe & honeydew)
- 2 cups fruit (kiki, figs, mango grapes, etc)
- 1 cup fresh orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1⁄2 cup Bourbon or 1⁄2 cup orange liqueur
- 12 ounces tubetti (or very small macaroni)
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- mint leaf
- chocolate shavings
- Combine all fruits in a large bowl. Drizzle with honey to taste. Pour orange an lemon juices and liquor over fruit. Cover and chill at least 3 hours.
- Cook pasta in 3 qts boiling water until al dente.Drain and rinse in cold water. Cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally to keep from sticking.
- Stir 1/4 cup honey into yogurt and toss with the pasta. Chill at least 25 minutes before serving.
- To serve place pasta in a mound in the center of a platter and surround with fruits.
- Sprinkle with chocolate shavings and garnish with mint leaves.
I took this to a pot luck and everyone liked it a lot. The presentation is georgous I used the brightest colored fruits I could find. The more tropical the better. I'll make it again and again.