Recipe by Lezlie
A fast and easy summer pasta dish, when the corn and tomatoes are fresh and ripe. Also, a wonderful dish to serve vegetarians (though not vegans)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups uncooked corn (fresh is bestBut frozen will do)
- 4 tomatoes, peeled,seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 lb fettuccine pasta or 1 lb spaghetti
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley, preferably italian
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium skillet, heat 2 tbsp olive oil; cook garlic and corn over med low heat until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, basil, sugar, vinegar and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile in a pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to directions on package or until al dente.
- Drain well; toss in large heated bowl with remaining oil.
- Stir in corn-tomato mixture, parsley and 1/2 cup of the cheese.
- Serve immediately, passing remaining cheese in small bowl for anyone wishing extra.
- Makes 4 main course servings or 8 appetizers.