Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Dr. Shintani's "Eat More, Weigh Less". Each serving is only 265 calories!
- 1⁄2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs eggplants, unpeeled and in 1/2 chunks
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup mushroom, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup green pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 lb plum tomato (2-3 13.5 oz cans)
- 2 teaspoons dry basil
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2⁄3 cup cilantro
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 lb pasta
- Heat oil, add eggplant, onions, and sauté over medium heat until soft and lightly browned, stirring frequently.
- Add garlic, mushrooms, and bell pepper, and continue to sauté.
- Add tomatoes, basil, oregano, and sugar.
- Cook covered for 10 minutes.
- Add cilantro.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cook pasta.
- Pour hot pasta sauce over pasta and serve.