Pasta With Dandelion Stems
- Cook the linguine in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the olive oil.
- Add the pancetta and cook over moderately high heat until crisp. Transfer the pancetta to a plate.
- Add the dandelion stems to the skillet and cook until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until lightly browned, about 2 minutes.
- Drain the linguine. In a large warmed bowl, toss the pasta with the dandelion stems, lemon juice and a large pinch of crushed red pepper.
- Season with salt and serve; pass the Parmesan cheese alongside.