Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Food & Wine
- 1⁄2 lb linguine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 ounces pancetta or 2 ounces bacon, coarsely chopped
- 2 lbs dandelion greens, stems from 2 pounds greens, cut into 1 1/2 -inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- crushed red pepper flakes
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Cook the linguine in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the olive oil.
- Add the pancetta and cook over moderately high heat until crisp. Transfer the pancetta to a plate.
- Add the dandelion stems to the skillet and cook until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until lightly browned, about 2 minutes.
- Drain the linguine. In a large warmed bowl, toss the pasta with the dandelion stems, lemon juice and a large pinch of crushed red pepper.
- Season with salt and serve; pass the Parmesan cheese alongside.