Top Review by Dr. Jenny
We liked, but did not love, this curry seafood pasta. We used more shrimp per another reviewer and madras curry powder. Advantages of this recipe are that it is very easy to make, and the prep and cleanup are minimal. This went nice with fresh French bread and an arugula salad. Thanks.
- 1 3⁄4 cups chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 shrimp, uncooked
- 4 shallots, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 6 ounces fresh crabmeat
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 12 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon saffron thread, crumbled
- 12 ounces angel hair pasta
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix ½ cup stock and cornstarch in small bowl to blend.
- Heat oil in heavy large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add shrimp, shallots and garlic; Sauté for 1 minute.
- Stir in crabmeat.
- Add wine and simmer until almost evaporated for about 2 minutes.
- Add 1 ¼ cups stock and bring to boil.
- Stir cornstarch mixture to blend; Mix into sauce.
- Bring to boil, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat and simmer until sauce thickens, about 1 minute.
- Add cream and curry powder; Simmer until slightly thickened for about 3 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cover to keep warm.
- When the sauce is cooking, bring to boil 12 cups of water and saffron in a heavy large pot.
- Add pasta; Cook until tender but firm.
- Ladle sauce over noodles.