from The Washington Post, Nov. 14, 2007. Serve with steamed broccoli and feel free to toss some toasted, chopped walnuts on top. Haven't tried yet, but this sounds delicious -- and healthy to boot!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions, about 6 to 7 minutes.
- 2While pasta cooks, mince the shallot and garlic; finely chop the sage.
- 3Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and shallot, stirring for about 3 minutes, until they have softened. Add the pumpkin puree, chicken broth, milk and half of the sage. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until the sauce has slightly thickened. Season with salt and pepper to taste; keep warm on lowest setting.
- 4Drain pasta and add to sauce, then add 2 table spoons of cheese and mix well. Divide among individual plates and sprinkle with the remaining 2 tablespoons of cheese and the remaining sage.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta With Creamy Pumpkin Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 299.0
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 7.0 mg
- Sodium 126.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 12.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: