Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 mins
I had some left over cooked pasta one night and wanted to make a quick meal. I a few things together, and it happened (to my surprise) to be really good. This is a creamy, very tasty dish that I hope you enjoy. I used whole wheat pasta, but either would be good. Also, adjust the spices to your liking. I have posted the recipe for one serving, but it is easily doubled, tripled, and so on.
- 56.69 g pasta (about 1 cup cooked)
- 118.29 ml tomato puree
- 59.14 ml goat cheese
- 2.46 ml dried oregano
- 1.23 ml dried basil (overflowing)
- 1.23 ml garlic powder
- 0.25 ml dry crushed red pepper (optional)
- Cook pasta according to the directions on the package. (Or take some leftover pasta out of the fridge.).
- Drain the pasta, then put it in a small pot and add the remaining ingredients.
- Heat it over medium heat until the cheese is melted creating a creamy sauce and it is warmed through.
- Serve and enjoy!
I made this for dinner last night and it was quite tasty. I am a big fan of goat cheese and would probably increase it. I also thought the seasonings in this was a good combo but a little too mild for my taste. Great base recipe though. Chicken would be great in this.
This was delicious! I used tomato sauce instead of puree because I had it leftover and needed to use it. Used whole wheat penne and goats milk feta (also a leftover). Next time I will purposely buy the ingredients just to make this rather than waiting until I have them leftover! LOL Thanks for the recipe!