Recipe by Chef Creampuff
I had some left over cooked pasta one night and wanted to make a quick meal. I a few things together, and it happened (to my surprise) to be really good. This is a creamy, very tasty dish that I hope you enjoy. I used whole wheat pasta, but either would be good. Also, adjust the spices to your liking. I have posted the recipe for one serving, but it is easily doubled, tripled, and so on.
Top Review by Ang11002
I made this for dinner last night and it was quite tasty. I am a big fan of goat cheese and would probably increase it. I also thought the seasonings in this was a good combo but a little too mild for my taste. Great base recipe though. Chicken would be great in this.
- 2 ounces pasta (about 1 cup cooked)
- 1⁄2 cup tomato puree
- 1⁄4 cup goat cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil (overflowing)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch dry crushed red pepper (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to the directions on the package. (Or take some leftover pasta out of the fridge.).
- Drain the pasta, then put it in a small pot and add the remaining ingredients.
- Heat it over medium heat until the cheese is melted creating a creamy sauce and it is warmed through.
- Serve and enjoy!