Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Rachael Ray
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons cognac or 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1 navel orange, zest of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint, chopped
- 12 leaves fresh basil, shredded (or torn)
- 1⁄2 lb linguine, cooked al dente
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- In a skillet over med-low heat, warm the cream.
- Add in the cognac or dry sherry, lemon and orange zest, and salt; simmer 7-10 minutes.
- Add in the mint and basil.
- Toss the hot, drained pasta with the sauce and grated cheese.
- Serve immediately.
Ooh, we enjoyed this! Made as recipe, except I had no linguine, (no flat noodles of any kind), so used spaghetti - I think I would prefer flat noodles for this dish, though. Another time. I also used some shrimps to add to the dish, letting them poach in the citrus cream sauce for a few minutes. Fresh mint and basil from the garden, this dish was a simple joy to prepare and we loved the sauce, full of complementary flavours. Thank you for an excellent dish, much enjoyed by DH and I!