Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Cooking Light
- 12 cups water
- 3 cups peeled halved lengthwise, and thinly sliced butternut squash
- 2 cups small cauliflower florets
- 1 cup diagonally cut carrot (1-inch thick)
- 2 red onions, cut into 1-inch thick wedges
- 8 ounces uncooked penne
- 2 1⁄2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 3 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can chickpeas, drained
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Bring the water to a boil in a large pot; add in squash, cauliflower, carrot, and onion; cook 2 minutes.
- Remove vegetables with a slotted spoon; drain well.
- Return water to a boil; add in pasta; cook 10 minutes or until done.
- Drain in a colander over a bowl, reserving ½ cup cooking liquid.
- Return vegetables to pan; add tomatoes and next 6 ingredients.
- Cook 2 minutes, over med-high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add reserved cooking liquid and wine; cook 15 minutes or until squash is tender; stirring occasionally; discard thyme sprigs.
- Add in pasta, salt, and pepper to pot; stir to combine.
- Sprinkle with parsley.