Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Another great veggie pasta dish from Cooking Light magazine.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained (garbanzo beans)
- 1 (14 ounce) can reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked medium pasta shells (about 6 ounces)
- 1⁄2 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons shredded parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add crushed garlic, saute 1 minute. Add salt, pepper, chickpeas and broth, bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- While garlic mixture simmers, cook pasta in boiling water 9 minutes, drain well.
- Place chickpea mixture in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Combine chickpea mixture, pasta, tomatoes, minced garlic, parsley and lemon juice, toss well.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Serve immediately.
Loved it. Next time I'll reserve a little of the chick peas so and add them whole for texture.
Even my "meat loving" DH enjoyed this recipe!!! The chickpea and the pasta leave you completely satisfied that you don't even miss the meat!! Weight Watchers' friendly (with my changes) 10 points. I added more garlic (5 total)...added more tomatoes (3/4 cup)..cooked come broccolini in the pasta water and added some more parmesan cheese (about 5T) Really enjoyed this one....I can see us visiting this recipe again and again. Thanks for posting a winner!!!
Absolutely loved this!!! Chickpeas + garlic + lemon is one of my favorite combinations ever, and this was rich in all! I added some spinach to mine; just after mixing I threw in about three cups of raw spinach and heated it a minute or two just to wilting. Very fast, very easy. Fantastic! This will be making a weekly appearance on our table.