Recipe by Fran6
No cholesterol, high protein and fiber. I also add some Swiss chard in the last 10 minutes cooking.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 (16 ounce) cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- coarse salt
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 sprig fresh basil, plus more for garnish
- 12 ounces whole wheat pasta shells
- grated parmesan cheese (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium sauce3pan, heat oil over medium. Add garlic and red pepper flakes and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add chickpeas, season with salt, and cook 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and broth and bring to boil. Reduce to simmer and cook until reduced slightly, 30 minutes. Add basil and cook 5 minutes more. Remove basil.
- While sauce is cooking, cook pasta according to directions. Drain and return to pot.
- Add sauce to pasta and toss. Serve with Parmesan and garnish with torn basil.