Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Pasta With Chicken, Tomatoes, and Cream
Make and share this Pasta With Chicken, Tomatoes, and Cream recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb chicken cutlet
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chopped fresh red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 1 1⁄2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian plum tomatoes, drained, coarsely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces pasta
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons minced parsley
- grated parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Add sausage and crushed red pepper.
- Cook until sausage is no longer pink, stirring frequently, about 7 minutes.
- Add onion and garlic to skillet and cook until onion is tender and sausage is light brown, stirring occasionally, about 7 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, cream, and salt.
- Simmer until mixture thickens slightly, about 4 minutes. (Can be prepared one day ahead. Cover and chill.).
- Cook pasta in large pot of boiling water.
- Bring sauce to a simmer.
- Add pasta to sauce and cook until pasta is heated through and sauce thickens, stirring occasionally, about 2 minutes.
- Divide pasta between plates.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve, passing Parmesan separately.