That's right!!! Pasta, Chicken. Spinach, Sun dried tomatoes, Pine nuts and BACON Ohh Yeah!! Enjoy :0 Made fore RSC #11. Recipe has been edited per reviews :)
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, Sliced into strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, seperated
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 key lime, squeezeed
- 10 slices bacon, crispy and crumbled, seperated
- 1⁄2 lb penne pasta
- 1 medium shallot, aprox 1/2 cup, chopped
- 4 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomato, drained and chopped, seperated
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup fat-free half-and-half, warmed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 3 ounces fresh Baby Spinach
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- Drizzle chicken with 1 tbls olive oil then sprinkle with salt and pepper, squeeze key lime over chicken.
- Flip over a few times to mix marinade with chicken -- set aside.
- Cook bacon -- set aside.
- Get water heating for pasta.
- In large saute pan heat 1 tbls of the Olive Oil add Shallots and Garlic.
- Saute for 1-2 minutes then add 3/4 cup of the Sun Dried Tomatoes.
- Add chicken and cook till done.
- Mix corn starch with chicken stock and slowly stir into chicken mixture then add warm half and half. Add cayenne pepper.
- Cook for 3 minutes or untill sauce is thickened. (add water if necessary).
- Place pasta in boiling water and cook acording to package .
- Add baby spinach to sauce and stir occasionally until wilted.
- Place pasta in large serving dish add sauce and toss.
- Top with pine nuts and two strips of crumbled bacon and two tablespoons of red peppers.