1/2 Photos of Pasta With Chicken, Spinach, Pine Nuts, Bacon And
Queen uh Cuisine's Note:
That's right!!! Pasta, Chicken. Spinach, Sun dried tomatoes, Pine nuts and BACON Ohh Yeah!! Enjoy :0 Made fore RSC #11. Recipe has been edited per reviews :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, Sliced into strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, seperated
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 key lime, squeezeed
- 10 slices bacon, crispy and crumbled, seperated
- 1/2 lb penne pasta
- 1 medium shallot, aprox 1/2 cup, chopped
- 4 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomato, drained and chopped, seperated
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup fat-free half-and-half, warmed
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 3 ounces fresh Baby Spinach
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1Drizzle chicken with 1 tbls olive oil then sprinkle with salt and pepper, squeeze key lime over chicken.
- 2Flip over a few times to mix marinade with chicken -- set aside.
- 3Cook bacon -- set aside.
- 4Get water heating for pasta.
- 5In large saute pan heat 1 tbls of the Olive Oil add Shallots and Garlic.
- 6Saute for 1-2 minutes then add 3/4 cup of the Sun Dried Tomatoes.
- 7Add chicken and cook till done.
- 8Mix corn starch with chicken stock and slowly stir into chicken mixture then add warm half and half. Add cayenne pepper.
- 9Cook for 3 minutes or untill sauce is thickened. (add water if necessary).
- 10Place pasta in boiling water and cook acording to package .
- 11Add baby spinach to sauce and stir occasionally until wilted.
- 12Place pasta in large serving dish add sauce and toss.
- 13Top with pine nuts and two strips of crumbled bacon and two tablespoons of red peppers.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta With Chicken, Spinach, Pine Nuts, Bacon And
Serving Size: 1 (237 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 601.7
- Calories from Fat 230
- Total Fat 25.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 75.0 mg
- Sodium 747.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.7 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 31.7 g