1/1 Photo of Pasta With Chicken Sausage and Broccoli
susie cooks's Note:
This recipe is from the Cooking Thin show on Food TV. I changed it a little bit. You could use any kind of sausage. Even my kids like this recipe! And it is low-fat! I use chicken and artichoke sausage.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut broccoli into 3 inch pieces, discarding stems.
- 2Blanch broccoli in a large pot of boiling water until tender, about 5 minutes.
- 3Before draining, reserve 1 cup of broccoli water.
- 4Drain and rinse broccoli with cold water. Drain on towel.
- 5Cook pasta according to package directions.
- 6While pasta is cooking, place 2 tablespoons of water into cold skillet with garlic and sausage and then turn to medium low heat.
- 7Cook, stirring occasionally, until garlic is golden and sausage is cooked through, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- 8Pour reserved broccoli water into pan with sausage.
- 9When pasta is cooked, drain it and place it back in the pot and season with salt.
- 10Pour sausage over pasta and stir in broccoli.
- 11Taste and adjust seasonings.
- 12Garnish with bread crumbs and/or cheese.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta With Chicken Sausage and Broccoli
Serving Size: 1 (216 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 572.6
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 68.1 mg
- Sodium 628.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 103.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.5 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 19.6 g