This recipe is from the Cooking Thin show on Food TV. I changed it a little bit. You could use any kind of sausage. Even my kids like this recipe! And it is low-fat! I use chicken and artichoke sausage.
- Cut broccoli into 3 inch pieces, discarding stems.
- Blanch broccoli in a large pot of boiling water until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Before draining, reserve 1 cup of broccoli water.
- Drain and rinse broccoli with cold water. Drain on towel.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, place 2 tablespoons of water into cold skillet with garlic and sausage and then turn to medium low heat.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until garlic is golden and sausage is cooked through, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Pour reserved broccoli water into pan with sausage.
- When pasta is cooked, drain it and place it back in the pot and season with salt.
- Pour sausage over pasta and stir in broccoli.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Garnish with bread crumbs and/or cheese.