Recipe by Karenlee #2
Many people have an aversion to liver because of its strong taste, but chicken liver is much more subtle than that of other animals. This recipe is an easy, lively and - I think - very tasty combination for those who dare.
Top Review by Kendra Jean's Kitchen
I have been looking for this recipe forever! WE have served it with pasta, and for a change we have used long grain and wild rice with pimento or red bell peppers. Our daughter, Karen Lee, loves this dish. Thank you so much for posting this recipe. Best wishes, KendraJean
- 800 g broccoli
- 300 g chicken livers, sliced into pieces
- 1 large onion, diced fine
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- 300 g pasta, I recommend orrechiete the one that looks like a small seashell
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut off the broccoli into small flowerets, pare the stalks and slice them very fine.
- Fry the onion in olive oil until light brown. Add the liver and fry for three minutes, stirring constantly. Spice to taste with salt, pepper and cayenne pepper.
- While frying the onions and liver, boil the pasta in lots of water. Seven minutes before final cooking time for the pasta, add broccoli and boil together until pasta is ready. Drain well.
- Mix everything together with another few drips of pure, virgin olive oil.