Recipe by Shmo
Wonderful pasta dish in a great creamy garlic sauce. I also have used crab meat instead of the chicken.
Top Review by Chere
Really good recipe! Very similar to one of my favorites I found looking for a chicken alfredo-Pasta Chicken in a Garlic Cream Sauce.<br/>I think what people that say there is something missing is to add some chicken stock. I also add mushrooms. Definitely a must try!
- 2 cups shell pasta
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 4 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 2 -3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3⁄4 sliced mushrooms, sauteed
- 1⁄3 cup frozen peas
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil pasta in lightly salted water.
- Fry chicken in canola until lightly browned, set aside.
- In large pot sauté garlic in butter or margarine, do not brown.
- Add flour, salt, pepper, and nutmeg to garlic and butter or margarine and mix to form a roux.
- Slowly add milk, whisking to prevent lumps.
- Add parmesan cheese and mix well.
- Cook over medium heat stirring often until sauce thickens.
- Add chicken, mushrooms, and peas to the sauce.
- Drain cooked pasta and mix into sauce.
- Serve immediately.