Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is from the Essential Pasta Cookbook, and looks delicious, so I'm putting it here for safe keeping. What could be better than a creamy bowl of carbs loaded with mushrooms and chicken? Yum.
- 13 ounces pasta, dried
- 2 large chicken breast fillets, sliced into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 pieces bacon
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup white wine
- 2⁄3 cup cream
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Start cooking pasta according to directions on package.
- In a heavy sauce pan, heat the oil and butter. Add the chicken and bacon, and cook about 3 minutes over medium heat or until browned. Add the garlic and mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes more.
- Add the wine and cook until the liquid has reduced by half. Add the cream and spring onion and bring to a boil. Blend the flour with the water until smooth and add to the pan, stirring until the mixture boils and thickens. Reduce the heat and simmer for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the sauce to the pasta and stir over low heat till combined. Sprinkle with the parmesan cheese and serve immediately.