1/7 Photos of Pasta With Chicken in a Light White Wine and Fresh Herb Sauce
This is a fresh, light meal that is great for the warmer times of year. The sauce is not thick or heavy but coats the pasta for an even flavour. The choice of herbs here is merely what I have found to work well but please adjust to your family's tastes! The herbs should be fresh though- dried herbs will not give the same result. The fresh basil really brings out the flavours in this dish. UPDATE: In light of a review, I have tried this dish again and increased the liquid ingredients in the recipe to provide more sauce. It is important in this recipe to include the stock cube as there is something in it that thickens the sauce. If you must leave it out, add an alternative thickening agent.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, peeled and cut into wedges
- 2 cups dry pasta (or equivalent of fresh pasta)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 chicken breasts, diced
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 10 -12 leaves fresh basil, chopped
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1Heat the oil in a skillet and add the chicken, red onion and garlic. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until the chicken is cooked through.
- 2Start to cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packet (if using fresh pasta, wait a while as it takes less time to cook).
- 3Pour the white wine into the skillet with the chicken, bring to the boil and simmer until the liquid is reduced by about half. Do not reduce it for too long or there will not be enough sauce.
- 4Stir in the mascarpone cheese and fresh herbs. Crumble in the half stock cube.
- 5Heat the sauce through gently for a few minutes but do not boil.
- 6Drain the pasta and spoon the sauce over it in the pan. Toss to coat the pasta.
- 7Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta With Chicken in a Light White Wine and Fresh Herb Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (367 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 939.5
- Calories from Fat 257
- Total Fat 28.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 93.1 mg
- Sodium 687.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 82.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 43.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: