Recipe by English_Rose
Pick up a barbecued chicken on your way home and turn it into this fabulous, fast pasta dish.
- 12 ounces penne pasta
- 7 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra to toss
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 small red chilies, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon harissa
- 1 1⁄2 pints tomato passata (sieved tomatoes)
- 3 cups cooked chicken, shredded (takeaway barbecue chicken would be ideal)
- 3 1⁄2 ounces feta cheese, diced
- 1 cup kalamata olive, pitted
- 1⁄2 cup flat leaf parsley, freshly chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta in boiling, salted water until al dente.
- Drain and toss in a little oil.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat and cook onion until it starts to soften.
- Add garlic and chili, and cook for a further 1 minute.
- Add harissa and passata, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in chicken, feta, olives and parsley, then toss through pasta.