Recipe by Tish
This one dish dinner is simple, yet it looks like you took hours to make it. The sauce and the chicken can be prepared ahead of time, just cook the pasta, heat up the chicken and sauce and serve
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 whole boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2 inch thick strips
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drained and cut into matchsticks
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 envelope leek soup mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1 lb farfalle pasta, cooked al dented,drained,tossed with
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, and kept warm
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter in a 10" saute pan over medium heat, add the chicken, and cook it, stirring, until it is no longer pink, about 7 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, basil, parsley, soup mix and heavy cream, and stir the sauce until it comes to a boil.
- Reduce the heat, add 1/4 cup of the cheese, and stir until it is melted.
- Toss the sauce with the hot cooked pasta, seasoning the dish well with pepper, and serve garnished with the remaining 1/4 cup cheese.