Recipe by Leslulu
A recipe that I have tweaked alittle. Some of the ingredients can be substituted with lower-fat versions and it's still good. I just like my rich version.
Top Review by 899419
This is a great, simple, and quick meal. I used evaporated milk instead of heavy cream to cut the fat and calories. I am adding this to one of the favorites and will be a regular addition to the family menu.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 10 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- 1 lb linguine, cooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice chicken against the grain of the meat with the knife held on the diagonal as though slicing flank steak.
- Toss chicken slices lightly with flour.
- Heat olive oil in saute pan.
- Add chicken, saute 3 to 4 minutes; do not overcook.
- Remove chicken from pan.
- Deglaze pan with the wine. Add the cream and mustard. Reduce this for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and continue to reduce until slightly thickened.
- Return chicken to pan just to heat through. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Pour over hot pasta and toss.