Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
We love sun-dried tomatoes and I got this recipe off a package of them. I haven't made it yet but it sounds great. It is one of those great out of the pantry meals that I am trying to accumulate.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 44.37 ml black olives or 44.37 ml Greek olives, chopped
- 29.58 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- 44.37 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 59.14 ml pine nuts
- 4 marinated artichoke hearts, diced
- 9.85 ml capers
- 1 small onion, diced
- 236.59 ml sun-dried tomato, sliced
- 1.23 ml dried oregano
- 1.23 ml dried basil
- fresh ground black pepper
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 59.14 ml flour
- 453.59 g linguine
- 473.18 ml chicken broth
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- Roast pine nuts at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Shake the pan a few times to prevent burning.
- Dredge chicken in flour. Heat olive oil in a skillet and add the dredged chicken. Cook each side until golden brown. Set chicken aside and keep warm.
- Prepare linguini according to package directions while the chicken is cooking.
- Saute garlic and onions until tender. Stir sun-dried tomatoes, capers, olives, artichokes, parsley and pine nuts into skillet. Add oregano, basil and ground pepper. Pour in chicken broth and bring to a slow boil, stirring occasionally. Add chicken breats and continue to cook for 30 more seconds. Serve over linguini and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
We really enjoyed this .... I did omit the artichokes as I dont like them, and cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces, but otherwise as recipe. I used my own sun-dried tomatoes which already have herbs and garlic in them, and I used fresh parsley and basil from my garden. A really good pasta dish with lots of flavour. The only thing I would say, I would have preferred the ingredients to be listed in order of use, I found it a bit confusing to keep having to read and reread the recipe to make sure I wasnt missing anything out. The dish, however, is excellent, thank you! Made for PRMR tag game.
I did cut this recipe in half for the 2 of us but other than that, I ALMOST followed it right on down, & the ALMOST refers to the artichoke hearts! Since I don't like the buggers, but my other half does, I did dice them & at the last minuted I added them to his serving, & that thoroughly satisfied us both! I love this great new way for me to prepare chicken breasts! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
Nice dish. I used boneless, skinless, chicken thighs, as I find them to have much more flavour. The only thing I would change to this recipe, is to add more pine nuts. Made for Everyday Holiday Tag game 2012. :)