Recipe by Margie99
We love sun-dried tomatoes and I got this recipe off a package of them. I haven't made it yet but it sounds great. It is one of those great out of the pantry meals that I am trying to accumulate.
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
We really enjoyed this .... I did omit the artichokes as I dont like them, and cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces, but otherwise as recipe. I used my own sun-dried tomatoes which already have herbs and garlic in them, and I used fresh parsley and basil from my garden. A really good pasta dish with lots of flavour. The only thing I would say, I would have preferred the ingredients to be listed in order of use, I found it a bit confusing to keep having to read and reread the recipe to make sure I wasnt missing anything out. The dish, however, is excellent, thank you! Made for PRMR tag game.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons black olives or 3 tablespoons Greek olives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 4 marinated artichoke hearts, diced
- 2 teaspoons capers
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 cup sun-dried tomato, sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- fresh ground black pepper
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 lb linguine
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Roast pine nuts at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Shake the pan a few times to prevent burning.
- Dredge chicken in flour. Heat olive oil in a skillet and add the dredged chicken. Cook each side until golden brown. Set chicken aside and keep warm.
- Prepare linguini according to package directions while the chicken is cooking.
- Saute garlic and onions until tender. Stir sun-dried tomatoes, capers, olives, artichokes, parsley and pine nuts into skillet. Add oregano, basil and ground pepper. Pour in chicken broth and bring to a slow boil, stirring occasionally. Add chicken breats and continue to cook for 30 more seconds. Serve over linguini and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.