Recipe by CulinaryQueen
From a BBC Good Food Magazine which I have altered slightly. This can be made vegetarian by leaving out the chicken.
Top Review by Rita~
I used 1 tablespoon oil making this even lower in fat! Cooked the chicken with the garlic and Onions (Replaced the shallots)following with the rest of the ingredients. Tomatoes left whole for they were small end of the season for them. I used Recipe #256694 for the Tabasco. Thanks for a healthy meal!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 300 g shallots, halved
- 4 teaspoons cumin seeds, lightly crushed
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 300 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
- 14 ounces frozen peas, thawed
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice and zest of
- 350 g pasta, any shape
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large pan.
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces and cook about 4-5 minutes until juices run clear. Remove from pan with a slotted spoon and set aside in a bowl covered with foil to keep warm.
- Add more oil to the same pan if necessary and add the shallots and cook for about 8 minutes, until softened and lightly coloured.
- Add the cumin and garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Stir in the cherry tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes, until softened.
- Add the Tabasco sauce, peas, lemon zest and juice. Season and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the packet instructions and drain.
- Return the chicken and any juices that have accumulated at the bottom of the bowl to the pan. Add the pasta and stir until well combined.
- Stir in the chopped parsley and serve.