Recipe by Julie Tremmel
Found this recipe few years ago in a BH cookbook. The variety of peppers add a nice kick and the creamy monterey cheese sauce provide the perfect balance.
- 226.79 g spaghetti or 226.79 g fettuccine
- 226.79 g boneless chicken breasts
- 14.79 ml flour
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23-2.46 ml ground red pepper
- 0.59-1.23 ml white pepper
- 0.59-1.23 ml ground black pepper
- 14.79 ml cooking oil
- 236.59 ml red bell pepper, chopped
- 118.29 ml onion, chopped
- 14.79 ml jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 29.58 ml flour
- 177.44 ml chicken broth
- 118.29 ml milk
- 4.92 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 236.59 ml monterey jack cheese, grated
- 59.14 ml sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta to package directions. Drain and keep warm.
- Cut chicken into 1 inch pieces. In small mixing bowl combine 1 tablespoons flour, salt, and red, white and black pepper. Toss flour mixture with chicken to coat. Set aside.
- In large skillet over medium-high heat heat oil (add more oil as necessary during cooking.) Add red bell pepper, onion, jalapeno and garlic; cook and stir until tender. Remove veggies with slotted spoon to seperate bowl; set aside.
- Add chicken to skillet. Cook and stir about 5 minutes until chicken is tender and no longer pink. Remove chicken to bowl with veggies.
- Stir 2 tablespoons four into drippings in skillet. Add chicken broth, milk and worcestershire. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Add monterey jack, stir until cheese melts. Stir 1 cup of the hot mixture into sour cream; return all of sour cream mixture to skillet. Stir in the chicken and veggies. Cook until heated through being carefully not to boil mixture.
- Arrange pasta on individual plates or a large serving platter. Spoon the chicken mixture over pasta.