1/1 Photo of Pasta With Chicken and Pepper-Cheese Sauce
Julie Tremmel's Note:
Found this recipe few years ago in a BH cookbook. The variety of peppers add a nice kick and the creamy monterey cheese sauce provide the perfect balance.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 226.79 g spaghetti or 226.79 g fettuccine
- 226.79 g boneless chicken breasts
- 14.79 ml flour
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23-2.46 ml ground red pepper
- 0.59-1.23 ml white pepper
- 0.59-1.23 ml ground black pepper
- 14.79 ml cooking oil
- 236.59 ml red bell pepper, chopped
- 118.29 ml onion, chopped
- 14.79 ml jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 29.58 ml flour
- 177.44 ml chicken broth
- 118.29 ml milk
- 4.92 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 236.59 ml monterey jack cheese, grated
- 59.14 ml sour cream
- 1Cook pasta to package directions. Drain and keep warm.
- 2Cut chicken into 1 inch pieces. In small mixing bowl combine 1 tablespoons flour, salt, and red, white and black pepper. Toss flour mixture with chicken to coat. Set aside.
- 3In large skillet over medium-high heat heat oil (add more oil as necessary during cooking.) Add red bell pepper, onion, jalapeno and garlic; cook and stir until tender. Remove veggies with slotted spoon to seperate bowl; set aside.
- 4Add chicken to skillet. Cook and stir about 5 minutes until chicken is tender and no longer pink. Remove chicken to bowl with veggies.
- 5Stir 2 tablespoons four into drippings in skillet. Add chicken broth, milk and worcestershire. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Add monterey jack, stir until cheese melts. Stir 1 cup of the hot mixture into sour cream; return all of sour cream mixture to skillet. Stir in the chicken and veggies. Cook until heated through being carefully not to boil mixture.
- 6Arrange pasta on individual plates or a large serving platter. Spoon the chicken mixture over pasta.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta With Chicken and Pepper-Cheese Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (304 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 544.3
- Calories from Fat 202
- Total Fat 22.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 73.1 mg
- Sodium 664.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 29.7 g