Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
The goat cheese when tossed with hot pasta melts and becomes a creamy sauce.
- 1 lb gemelli pasta or 1 lb penne pasta
- 2 3⁄4 lbs cherry tomatoes, halved
- 5 ounces soft mild goat cheese
- 2⁄3 cup chopped brine-cured black olives
- 3⁄4 cup torn fresh basil leaf
- Cook pasta in 6-quart pot of boiling water until tender.
- While pasta is cooking, toss tomatoes with salt and let juices exude.
- Toss hot pasta with goat cheese in large bowl until cheese is melted and coats pasta. Add tomatoes with juices, olives, basil, salt and pepper to taste; toss and combine.
- Note: To prevent basil from discoloring, don't tear until just before pasta is done.
Delicious and I can't believe how simple it was to put together. It made a very nice presentation. I halved the recipe and it gave about 3 servings. A few more kalamatas next time would be nice. The only problem with this dish is it isn't piping hot when you put it on the table since you are added uncooked (cold) ingredients to the hot pasta. Make sure everything comes up to room temp, including the cheese before adding.