1/1 Photo of Pasta With Cauliflower and Chilli
I adapted this recipe slightly from a BBC Good Food magazine. It has a lightly spicy taste and is very quick to make. You can use any sort of long, thin noodle for the pasta.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 250 g pasta or 250 g linguine or 250 g spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 onion, sliced
- 6 -8 slices streaky bacon or 6 -8 slices parma ham
- 250 g cherry tomatoes, washed
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, roughly torn
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1Start by pre-heating the oven to 200 C or about 400°F.
- 2Meanwhile, steam the cauliflower for 4 minutes.
- 3In an oven-proof frying pan, heat up 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and add the chilli powder.
- 4Saute for 30 seconds and then add the onion.
- 5Saute for a further 2 minutes.
- 6Add the bacon and cauliflower.
- 7Stir to mix well and coat everything in oil, then put the pan in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until the cauliflower starts to brown.
- 8In the meantime, cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- 9Once the cauliflower starts to brown, add in the cherry tomatoes and return to the oven for a further 2-3 minutes until the tomatoes have softened.
- 10Drain the pasta and mix with the remaining olive oil and most of the parmesan cheese.
- 11Portion out the pasta and put the cauliflower mixture on top.
- 12Sprinkle with the basil and remaining cheese.
- 13Season to taste and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta With Cauliflower and Chilli
Serving Size: 1 (442 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1155.2
- Calories from Fat 545
- Total Fat 60.6 g
- Saturated Fat 17.8 g
- Cholesterol 68.2 mg
- Sodium 1012.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 115.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.7 g
- Sugars 12.9 g
- Protein 38.7 g