Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is the best combination of fattening Italian cooking. :)
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cut up
- 1 lb fettuccine pasta or 1 lb spaghetti
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese (4oz.) or 1 cup romano cheese (4oz.)
- 1⁄4 cup snipped fresh parsley
- Let eggs, butter, and cream stand at room temperature for 2 to 3 hours.
- In a skillet cook bacon until brown.
- Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Heat an ovenproof dish in a 250F oven.
- Meanwhile, beat together eggs and cream, just till blended.
- Add pasta to a large amount of boiling salted water.
- Cook 10-12 minutes or until al dente; drain well.
- Turn hot pasta into the heated serving dish.
- Toss pasta with butter.
- Pour egg mixture over pasta and toss until pasta is well coated.
- Add bacon, cheese and parsley, toss to mix.
- Season to taste with pepper.
- Serve immediately.
this is THE one. you shouldn't "cook" a true carbonara.
cut this down and used tasty cheese for the grandkids, they loved it. Made it for myself, using parmesan and I loved it too!