Recipe by Michelle Kasper
Wonderfully easy dish that tasted great. I'm not a ham fan but my family is. The ham actually gave the dish a great flavor along with the addition of beef broth in the last few minutes of cooking.
Top Review by Cookie16
This is wonderful. Super cheap as well. I used prepackaged sliced turkey ham and added a dash of liquid smoke. I did not add the beef broth. For the pasta I used ziti. For our family this serves at least 6. I will definitely make this again.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 lbs onions, thinly sliced
- 4 cups thinly sliced green cabbage
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced smoked ham (such as black forest)
- 3⁄4 lb fusilli or 3⁄4 lb rotini pasta
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup canned beef broth (about)
Directions See How It's Made
- Add oil and onions to a skillet and saute until onions are dark brown, about 25 minutes.
- Add cabbage and ham and saute until cabbage wilts, about 8 mintues.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in heavy large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite.
- Drain, return pasta to same pot.
- Add onion mixture and cheese to pasta.
- Toss over medium heat until warmed through, adding broth by 1/4 cupfuls to moisten if dry, about 4 minutes.
- Season pasta to taste with salt and pepper and serve.