Cherry Tart's Note:
From Moosewood Restaurant Simple Suppers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook pasta until al dente.
- 2Heat oil in a 12-14 inch skillet at medium heat.
- 3Add onions, salt and pepper.
- 4Cook until lightly caramelized (golden brown color).
- 5Add wine, broth or water.
- 6Cook on low heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat when pasta is done.
- 7Dip out a cup of the pasta cooking water, then drain pasta.
- 8Place pasta in your serving dish.
- 9Toss in onion mixture and blue cheese, until the pasta is coated.
- 10Use a bit of the cooking water that you saved to "wash" the remaining onion mixture from your pan. Add the mixture to the pasta. Add more cooking water to the pasta if it seems dry.
- 11Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Pasta Shells Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta Shells Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta With Caramelized Onions & Blue Cheese (Moosewood)
Serving Size: 1 (281 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 692.3
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 25.3 mg
- Sodium 1070.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 109.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 13.6 g
- Protein 24.7 g