Recipe by C.Lo Carb Queen
This recipe is sophisticated, but tastes really down-home. It originally came from Taste of Home and I tweaked it a bit, so it may look similar to another on the site, but I think my version is superb. Also, when I reheat it, I add more parm and some butter. It was fantastic the second time around too!
- 1⁄4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 large sweet onions
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, divided
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta (uncooked)
- 1 (1 lb) package bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coursely ground pepper
- fresh basil leaf (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, melt butter. Add onions, pepper flakes and salt; saute until onions are tender. Stir in garlic. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 30-40 minutes or until the onions are a deep golden brown.
- Add the grape tomatoes, vinegar and 2 Tbsp oil to the skillet. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta; Toss with onion mixture.
- Drizzle with remaining olive oil. Sprinkle with bacon and Parmesan cheese and pepper and heat through. Garnish with fresh basil, if desired.