Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 35 mins
Cook 0 mins
Another delicious cooking Light recipe. I have tweaked the ingredients just a little to suit my tastes. The original receipe calls for a cup of dried currants, but I prefer it without.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups chopped leeks
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped yellow onions
- 1⁄4 cup red onion
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped arugula
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, cubed or shredded
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- Heat olive oil in a skillet. Over medium heat cook the onions and leeks for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to low and cover, cooking about 20 minutes or until the onions and leeks are golden brown, stirring frequently.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Bring the broth to boil in a saucepan add the vinegar. Add the onions, cream and salt to the broth and cook 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, stir in all ingredients. Then toss with the pasta.
- Serving Size is 1 1/4 cups.
This had a decent flavor - the carmelized onions give it just a hint of sweetness - but was not terrible impressive for the amount of effort (and dirty dishes) involved. We topped this with fresh ground pepper, yet it still seemed to be missing something - just not sure what. It's a good starting point for future experimenting.